In today’s sluggish economy, maintaining and building a business can present numerous challenges. A skilled business lawyer from our firm can meet the needs of both small and larger businesses, and offer legal assistance in:
- Business formation and corporate maintenance
- Liability protection
- Franchise agreements
- Business purchases and sales
- Commercial litigation
- Commercial real estate
- Trademarks and service marks
- Copyright services
- Estate planning, wills, and trusts
- Probate matters
- Intellectual property licensing
- Laundry room leases
Advice from our business attorneys
When starting a company, there are numerous issues to address, and if the proper steps are not taken, business owners can soon find themselves marooned on a treacherous legal island. Whether you are a small or larger business, we can help you navigate the process. The following are a few issues that can greatly affect new businesses:
- Agreements with partners/co-founders. While handshake deals may be enforceable, anyone endeavoring to do business is wise to document all the details of partner and co-founder agreements. By doing so, you can avoid complex and lengthy disputes down the line.
- Trademarks. Registering any business trademark is a matter that should be high on your list of priorities. Since domain name registration does not guarantee any legal rights to marks on the Internet, it is prudent to register trademarks federally to protect your rights.
- Employee issues. One of the largest potential risks for any business lies in the area of employees. Both state and federal laws impose regulations, standards, protections, and restrictions regarding employees. We can help you avoid problems.
- Contract liabilities. All contracts should be written in a manner that limits liabilities and protects your rights. Having an experienced contract attorney can save a business a great deal of money.
Our business law firm provides legal assistance throughout the business formation process.
Whether you are starting a new business, purchasing an existing business, or are restructuring or growing your business, our lawyers provide assistance throughout the entire process, including:
- Filing Articles of Incorporation
- Filing Articles of Organization (limited liability company)
- Comprehensive advice regarding personal liability protection
- Corporate maintenance services including filing secretary of state annual reports
- Annual corporate minutes preparation
- Corporate resolution preparation
Let our experienced business attorneys take care of the details while you take care of business. Contact our business attorneys at Winick & Gallaher, P.C. online. Call our Naperville business law firm at 630-548-5800 today to discuss your business needs. Our business attorneys represent clients throughout DuPage, Will, Kane, and Cook Counties in Illinois, and our office is conveniently located In Naperville, just minutes from Wheaton.